Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I saw on a blog where a man wrote his life story for his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I thought that would be a great idea. Now, I want you to know that I don't write very well and I write just like I talk but it is important to keep a journal and to have your life story written down. So, that is why I am doing this.
I will begin with where I was born. I was born in Fallon, Nevada on December 18, 1945. I have a twin sister and her name is Carole. I had an older brother named, Richard Louis Jacobsen, but everyone calls him Jake. I call him Rick. I just can't seem to change from what I called him when we were kids. Rick was 18 months older than Carole and I. My father was Bud Jacobsen and my mother was Catherine (Trina) Frances McLean. My mother was a housewife and stayed home with us kids. My father worked construction. That is road construction. He has worked on almost every road in Nevada. We lived all over Nevada. That is another story for later.
When I was born we lived in Fernley, Nevada. There was no hospital there so my mother came to Fallon. She didn't know that she was going to have twins until she was on the gurney. We lived in Fernley for the first five years of my life. I don't remember much about living there, except that my mother told me that one day I was riding my tricycle down the alley and I hit a brick and went head over the handle bars. I landed on a piece of glass, I cut my head and I went home. My mother didn' t know where the blood was coming from, she kept wiping my nose. When she discovered that I had a cut in my forehead, she drove me to Fallon to get some stitches. I still have the scar for that accident.
My father worked road construction and we went to 28 schools from the time I started first grade until we were in the eighth grade. My brother started high school and my mother told my father that we were going to go to one High School and that he could work where ever the job took him but we were going to stay in Fallon. We lived out on the Austin Hwy by the grandfather Jacobsen ranch.

No comments: